Thursday, October 9, 2008

Roll Over Roll Over

Good Morning!
If you read my blog from yesterday, then you know that I was bragging about this "schedule" that we'd been working on and it was actually going pretty well. I SPOKE TO SOON!! When I picked him up from Dorthy's yesterday, she said that he hadn't finished his last(4th) bottle. Until we got on this schedule, he was only eating 3 bottles, and now we're doing 4. So we left there and went and visited with Mamaw and Papaw for a little bit. At first he was happy as could be and laughing and talking. Then he got restless and mad. He was tired and was ready for his swing so he could nap. When I got home (about 6:45) he was already passed out. So I stuck him in his swing thinking that he would take a quick cat nap and be ready to eat about 7:45. WRONG!! He didn't get up to eat until 11:15 which was about the same time that daddy got home from poker. Yay for mommy! Even though I had already fallen aleep on the couch just waiting for my little man to get up and play with me, I couldn't get in my nice big bed quick enough. I got the bottle ready for Chris while he changed his diaper and put on his night clothes, and then I was gone! And for some crazy reason, I got up for the 2:30 feeding. Normally Chris will get those and I will get the 4:30 or 5:00 feedings since I need to be up anyway. When I put im back to bed, I laid him on his side. He sleeps on his side everynight and then he will slightly roll onto his back. And he's been getting extremely busy in that little bed at night. He's been turned the other direction, no covers/socks, and pushing the sleep positioner to the end of the bed. When we woke up this morning, Chris checked on him and asked me if I put him on his belly. YAY! My little TOOT rolled onto his belly to sleep and actually slept pretty good. I don't think I heard a peep from him until he was waking up and ready to eat...which by the way was about 7:00. So you can see how off we were. I was able to keep him occupied and OK until I could get him to Dorothys and let her feed him and maybe we could get back on that schedule. Oh, and I asked Dorothy yesterday if he'd been fussy for her, that the night before, because for me he was whiney and wanted to be held. This was her response..."No, but Jana most of the time I have him on my hip carrying him around and getting all my other stuff done." So nope, he hasn't been fussy for her....she's been spoiling him!
Thanks Dorothy!!

No comments: