Wednesday, October 8, 2008

~I'm A Supporter~

SUSAN NEAVILLE T-SHIRT FUNDRAISER

Susan Neaville has been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer which is a rare and very aggressive form of cancer. This fundraiser is designed to raise money to help with Susan’s out-of-pocket medical costs. Susan has a 3rd grade daughter (Grace) at Glenview and a 3 year-old daughter (Lacy) at Emmanuel.

The cost of the t-shirt is $15.00 (checks payable to Susan Neaville Love Fund).
Sizes available are children’s 10/12 & 14/16 and adults SMALL–2XL. Money is due when order is placed. Order deadline was Tuesday, October 7th, but they are checking on getting another order later.

It is a heather gray T-shirt, dark charcoal print w/pink ribbon. Let me know if you are interested. You can comment me, or e-mail me at janat@latech.edu.

~ON ANOTHER NOTE~

Our "schedule" that we are trying to be getting on has worked out quite well lately. Mrs. Dorothy has been excited because this way she is able to feed him and then take care of the big kids without carrying him around with a bottle in his mouth and passing out lunch to all the others. I have no idea how she did that. I have to be sitting and propped to feed that little chunk. And if you have ever fed him before, you know that he likes to stiffen up like a board when he's eating. I guess with all that experience, she could handle anything. She's my hero right now! She's always got kids everywhere, and when I say everywhere, they're not running around being bad. They are just everywhere in the room. There are normally 2 in highchairs getting ready for breakfast, one or two at the kids table waiting, one in a swing, and one in a bouncer seat thingy, and normally one just hanging out. Then in comes my TOOT! And that's another story. At least mine is confined right now. And this morning when we got to Dorothys, she had a brace on her knee and was limping. Not only does she watch about 8 kids a day, she also teaches aerobics two or three days a week. See why she's my hero!! But she said that she would be fine, she's tough!

A few weeks ago, we purchased the baby first channel on Dish. I love it. One of the shows has 3 mice that sing and dance. At first I couldn't stand it, but I've come to realize that they are talking and acting in a way that the littles ones can learn to comprehend it. And so now it's ok, and that's where I got the name TOOT from. That's one of their names. And there's another show called Foodie Fables and everything is made out of fruit and vegetables. So the little bird is made of radishes, and the feathers are the radishes stems. And the elephant, which is my favorite, is called StumpyTrunk and he's made of apple and pears. And the sea lion is made of a banana. And there's another show called the Notekins. They are adorable. They teach sound/music, but they have the greatest morning song!

"The sun is shining, good morning, good morning. And we're all smiling, good morning, good morning. We're A-Ok, Hooray, Hooray....Have a nice day!"

Well it's something like that, but we love it!

So this morning we decided to start breaking out all the Halloween clothes. Before I knew it, he had more than a weeks worth of Halloween outfits, so I've decided that we will go ahead and start wearing them. So we started off with this....

I Love My Mummy!

Look at all those different faces...there's a "yeah I know I'm cute", and "Would you please just hurry up and get me to Dorothys", and "I bet I could get this bib off and eat it", and "What?, we're gonna stay home and play all day?" I wish I could. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Hannah Lee said...

He is so cute, Jana! It was great seeing you today! You look fabulous.