Monday, April 6, 2009

What a LONG weekend

This is how our weekend went:

Friday night
Jamie brought my little Alli cat out for me to watch while she and Katie Stevens went to get a bite to eat. While she was fabulously sleeping, I (being Suzy Homemaker) was sewing away. This is the dress that I made for Alli


I even attempted the snaps since I have no clue where to begin with buttons, but I will soon enough!

And this is the dress that I made for my friend Stacy's little girl, Marleigh. She had her 2nd birthday on Saturday.


I learned that night that I CAN NOT quit my day job! I have a lot more practicing to do, so if anyone would like to help, let me know!

Saturday
We were up and headed to the Catfish Festival about 9:30. We just wanted to make a quick trip and get back for all of the parties. We met up with Gigi and Pops, and Jack. I ordered Noah the cutest little jon jon. It will be blue with his name and a monkey on it. I am all about monkeys all of a sudden. I can't wait to get it in! I didn't realize how long we were there until we got home that night I realized that all 3 of us had farmers tans. I wish I would've taken a picture of Noahs'! The funny thing was that I don't even know that we were there an hour...well maybe we were, but it didn't seem long enough for a tan. My family has been going to the Catfish festival for as long as I can remember. It was always our tradition to go down and hang out at Mamaw House and Grandaddys because they lived right next to the festival. This was the first year that we didn't have that tradition. They recently sold the house, so it was sad. But it felt good to be there anyway. I love the atmosphere! We then met up with Gram before we headed back. She got lots and lots of sugar from Noah. He had a bad cough that morning, but I realized on our way home that he wasn't feeling good. I never have a problem with him riding, but I had to stop twice to check on him. Poor baby.
We then got back in town and headed to Kyla's first birthday party. She looked so cute, and busy busy!
We left from there and headed to Marleigh's birthday party. She looked cute in her ladybugs too!
We had to get a picture together, these are the girls I work with. They are great!

We weren't there long and we headed back to Monroe to take pictures for Jordans prom. She looked so pretty and grown up. From there we went to eat dinner and then ran to Target. We got home about 10:00pm! We were TIRED!

So needless to say, we were worthless on Sunday! Noah and I got up about 7:30, I fed him breakfast and we made a donut run. When we got back he was sound asleep so I put him back in bed with Chris. Chris got up at 11:00, (and yes I am so jealous) so I woke Noah up a little after that so that he wouldn't sleep all day and not that night. He played and had lunch and before I knew it, it was 1:30 or 2:00 and he and Chris had made their way back to the bed for a "nap" which lasted until 5:00! Now I'm SUPER jealous! And when Noah sleeps this much, then you know he is either exhausted or sick...which in this case was both. We got up, got baths and pj's on and went to visit mamaw and papaw for a while. I can't believe how we are constantly saying "I can't wait for Friday, Is it the weekend yet?" and before we even blink, it's Sunday night and we are already wishing the next week away! I need a retirement countdown!

This morning I took Noah to the doctor. He's been a little croupy and coughing and gagging with all that crud. It really makes Chris nervous, so I set an appt. up for him with Dr. Stanley. He always does so good. But next time may not be so good since he had to get a shot today! :( my poor baby! But, he was glad to get back to Dorothys! I also got a Rx of allergy nose spray. I'm thinking that it's all his allergies. Chris has then, so I'm sure that he's also blessed Noah with those on top of them looking just alike.
If any of you are aware of the Beidenharn (sp) Museum in Monroe, they will be open on Saturday, from 10-5. The Easter bunny will be there and you can go take pictures in the garden for free! I can't wait. It's beautiful there. That is where Jordan took her prom pics. Have a good week!

2 comments:

lifeasahancock said...

Little Noah is growing up so fast. He is just beautiful!!

Avery's Mommy said...

Somehow I got behind on reading your blog. I should've read b/c we went to Biedenharn the day before the Easter Bunny! Oh well...we went to the Catfish Festival too...there were SO many ppl, i thought it would be like Jim Bowie, but it was WAY bigger! I think we will start going every year with Avery.

Noah is so adorable, I love those blue eyes! And Alli is such a cutie too!

It blows my mind to see Jordan going to PROM. My gosh, where does the time go?