Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Is she ever coming out?

I just knew that "Miss Priss" would be sharing her b-day with Nanny and uncle "Kiss!" But she decided that Feb. 22 was NOT going to be the day! So on Monday, Jay Jay and I headed to Monroe to try to walk this baby out. We had to exchange a few things at Target and Wal-Mart. We ran into JCPennys and then headed to Hobby Lobby. We were out and about for close to 5 hours and still no baby! She must be "snug as a bug in a rug!" So here's the tutu table that we made for Alli's room. We saw online where you could buy just the topped to set on a table for about $150. So we became Suzy homemakers! I think it turned out cute.
Have you ever wondered what some people may look like when they first get up in the morning. I love to see Chris. He always has Bozo the clown hair. It sticks straight up on both sides and then flat in the front. And you know mine is FAB-U-LOUS in the mornings! Well, for my 27th birthday, I decided that I wanted to revert back to childhood. Growing up, for everyones birthday, we would wake them up singing "happy birthday" and have the cake and gifts to eat and open in the bed. It was great. It's been a while since I've had one, so that's what I wanted. So I'm pretty sure that you now know where I'm going with the morning hair question. My birthday in pics...So all of this took place at 5:00 am since I told daddy that he needed to sing too and he had to be at work early. And I think that Chris woke up earlier, brushed his hair and got back in bed, because this is not the "bozo" look I was talking about. At least he did act like he was interested in helping me blow out the candles. What a good sport! We didn't actually do cake and gifts yet though. Mommy and daddy went back to bed and Gigi stayed up with Noah. It was great. For some crazy reason though, we were both up at 7:00. I figured that we would sleep longer. Here are more pics..




And then Noah made us a b-day note..


"If I can't have more chocolate, then I'll just eat your card!"
Boo turned 16 on Saturday. It's so hard to believe that the baby is growing up and driving now. Yep, I said it. She went Monday and got her drivers license. So if your hanging out it Monroe...Watch Out! She actually does pretty good except for backing up! Here are the pics of her room that I decorated while she was in V-town.
Her starbucks gift card and shades. Can't live without them!
We had a pretty good birthday weekend. And I know you loved my hair-do!On Sunday, everyone got together for a party for me, Chris, Chelsea and Papaw Thomas. It was a lot of fun, and good food.
So last week, I left Noah with Chris while I went to a Relay for Life meeting. When I got home, this is what his hair looked like...
His little twig sticking up looked singed. Not sure how you spell that, but it looked like it had been burned. I asked Chris if maybe he had him over by the fire or maybe tried lighting a candle or something. But while laughing, Chris said No that he did not burn it! He had just slept on it that hard, that it was all knotted up. It stayed like that until we washed it. His first rats nest in his head! But he loves his daddy.


Have a good week. Well, what's left of it!

3 comments:

lifeasahancock said...

I don't think she's coming. I have seen the "Bozo" hair and that's definitely not it on chris. Now yours, on the other hand, I have never seen it like that!! It looks like mine!

The Perkins said...

I have also seen the Bozo hair and that was definitely not it! Yours was pretty cool though :-) I enjoyed reading that post. You guys are so stinkin cute!!

Avery's Mommy said...

happy (late) bday. what a fun idea to do cake and presents in bed! i think i may start that tradition w/ avery :)

and i can't BELIEVE jordan is 16...wow, it has been so long since i've seen her! what is tink gonna do w/o all the girls around? play with grandbabies i guess! :)