Monday, March 2, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

We had a LONG, quick weekend, if that makes sense. It wasn't long enough, but we stayed on our toes! Friday night, we made a quick trip to Monroe to purchase an IPhone for my husband. He's in love, actually we're both in love. I think we need to get rid of our computer and just use the phone. We have satellite internet, so it takes forever to use the internet. But with his phone, it's like magic. It should be against the law to have slow internet. We then ran into the new Michaels. It's now located by Kohls and Best Buy and it's the bomb! I could live in a craft store. I have all these ideas and projects and haven't started on the first one. Oh well, one day! Jay Jay went along for he ride and this is the txt that I got from her once we all got home and in bed...

Poor thing. I tried to get her to ride in a wheelchair, but there's no way she was going to be caught in one of those again. She will be induced on Thursday morning, so keep them in your prayers and check back in for updates. I can't wait! We then got up Saturday morning and headed to the big town of Farmerville to visit with Tink, dad and Boo Boo at their new house.Tink has been on the lookout for a "retirement" house for a while now. There's not a time that we went over that she wasn't looking on the internet or in the paper. So FINALLY, they found one. I will have to post more pics and especially the view off the front porch when they get it all put together. The front overlooks Lake Darbonne, so it's not directly on the lake, but it's still very pretty. Ooh, I can't wait to do some fishing. The only problem is that there's no pool anymore, but us girls are petitioning to have one put in, for the grankids of course! So we tried to help get them organized and put up, but we played with Noah most of the time! From there

we headed home to have birthday dinner thanks to Rachel and Nick (who by the way just found out they were expecting!). It was great. Thanks guys! And Jay also visited for a little bit. She and Lance celebrated their 2 year anniversary on Saturday actually! Then on Sunday, Chris volunteered to go with me to help Jay get the last minutes things in Alli's room put up. If you go to her blog, you can see all of the cute pics. It turned out precious! After we left Jay's, we stopped by Kristin's house to borrow Kyla's fly ride. We are in high hopes that it will encourage him to crawl or walk. We would like either. When he first got in it, all he wanted to do was jump. Then he started moving around in it, but it's backwards. Which is what he does on the floor. But Kyla is walking and she's not a year old yet, so we are hoping (with our fingers crossed) that he will get interested. When I first got it, Chris said "It looks a little girly huh?" Number one, it belongs to a girl and number two, he is colorblind. Blue, green and yellow are definately what I would call boy/neutral colors. Then we sat down for dinner and this is was our conversation ....

Noah (with each bite): Ugh!
Chris: Ugh!
Noah: Uugghh!
Chris: UUGGHH!
And it went on and on and on! I had two kids sitting at that table with me. But that's what makes it even more fun!

After dinner, daddy bathed Noah, got him ready for bed and read him a night story. Look how sweet! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

omg i have never seen feet that swollen - poor Jamie!

Tell Tinker that house is perfect! Congrats...they deserve it.

lifeasahancock said...

I CANNOT believe you did that!! Just to clarify, they have not been that big since, it was just that one time. And you put up a picture of my two belly buttons!! That's what I get for getting my belly button pierced so long ago!! I am so embarrassed!

Baylee's Mommy said...

Poor Jay! The last two weeks of my pregnancy my feet looked that way. My mom and sister were here with me those two weeks so when I would get home from work I would have either Kassi, Mamma or Carl rubbing my feet. Life was GOOD! :)
LOVE that house.