Friday, March 13, 2009

Wacky Wednesdays

I'm just now getting around to posting from Wednesday, but it's worth it! I've decided to dedicate a post every Wednesday to my mother-in-law, Glenda...aka Special G! Which is why we will call it Wacky Wednesdays. Every Wednesday we all get together for weigh in (we are ALL on a diet), dinner, and a game of poker. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that we laugh all night long! We have a blast. So here a few funny quotes from G. Keep in mind, that almost all of them are from her catching the tail end of the stories...
  • We were talking about one of the vampire series that are OH SO POPULAR these days (which i do not watch). Someone mentioned that these vampires live with all of the regular people, that they "came out of the closet"! Well G says, "Vampires came out of the closet?, I thought they come out of coffins!"
  • Again, talking about the vampire series, Karen, my sister-in-law has been listening to all of them. She's come over before on Wed. nights with the headphones in. Yes, she's loving it! I'm starting to wonder if she's been bitten :) Well someone mentioned Karen listening to them, and G says. "Oh, she's listening to it right now?" And we've been playing poker for about an hour or so already. So of course, I had to lean over and jokingly poke Karen and make it seem like she was listening to her earphones.
  • After 3 hours of playing, G asks, "Did ya'll take the leaf out of this table?" It's normally humongous, and at that time it was little.
  • I'm not sure how this one came about, but I thought it was cute... "sweee, calling all figs" (instead of pigs)
  • My FAVORITE...Chelsea was asking Mr. Ronnie what it meant to have your engine flushed. So he was explaining it to her and about that time, Glenda comes back to the table with a basket of clothes to fold. G says, "Chelsea your new cars broke already?", Chelsea said no. Glenda said pickingly, that's how rumors get started huh? Well she leaned over towards Chris like she was telling him a secret/rumor. So I looked over at Karen and said, "Oh Karen, Chelsea has to have a colonoscopy." as if the rumor was spreading. Well G says, "You Do???" I thought it was hilarious.
This is why we love her so much!! She helps us all burn calories while laughin on Wednesday nights! Have a great weekend! Me, Noah, Boo Boo, Amanda, and Madden are all going to Natchez on Saturday to the Kellys Kids sale. I hope that we find some good things. And we're going to try to stop by and see some other friends also!

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

Very cute stories!! I hope you have fun in Natchez. Be careful! :)

Chelsea said...

I will let everyone know how the colonoscopy goes!