Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Noah and I got up about 6:45 to start our "Day-o-Love"! First we got daddys candy ready. Chris isn't a big chocolate person. so I decided to get a box of resees peices, nerds and sugar babys. I wrapped them up in black paper and decorated them. I then placed them in places that I knew Chris would be. I had one in the fridge by the syrup, one next to his "precious" remotes, and the other was in his undie drawer. I knew he BETTER be going there. Then we started on his special heart shaped pancakes. I couldn't find the small packet of pancake mix at Walmart, so I had to get bisquick and do them the "betty crocker" way. I didn't realize that I needed eggs...ewe...eggs in pancakes. I called my neice that lives next door and asked her to bring me a few eggs and come down and play with Noah. A few minutes later, I looked out the winder and she was running full speed down to my house. I put her on Noah duty and got to work on my pancakes. They were huge. Once Noah passed out, Miranda decided to make some Valentine's. I then decided to sweetly go get Chris up. We all sat down at the table and I asked him to get out the syrup. Miranda and I were like little kids anxiously waiting on him to find the first goodie. He was quite suprised since the night before, I told him that I didn't get him anything since he doesn't like candy. So before he could get back to the table, Miranda blurted out "It's resees peices!" She can't keep a secret for anything. Then she started asking him, Chris do you need to call someone (since the other one was by the remotes and phone)? He said "What, call who?" He then realized that there were more goodies. He found the one by the remotes and she told him they were nerds. I told her that she needed to "SSSSHHHHH!" She said "Can I give him just 1 little bitty hint, It's not in here anywhere!" Well I thought, she did good, didn't actually give it away...and then I heard "It's in your room!" Oh goodness, my fun little game that I thought would last through out the day, was soon to be over in about 10 minutes. So as he decided to begin searching out room, she whispered OH SO LOUDLY "Jana, I almost told him it was in his drawer! hehe" I'm not sure if he heard her or not, but he quickly started digging in his drawers (not his underwear, but his dresser drawers :)! And it was over! My husband had me a funny card with a sweet note in it to go along with my andes mints. Even though Miranda couldn't keep the secrets, it was fun! And I think she had a good time hanging out with us. She played with Noah all day. He loves his "Ruby", that's what everybody calls her. He watched her all day and wouldn't let her out of his sight.





She'd never seen him take a bath, so she was thrilled that he needed one. So Chris and Ruby were in charge of that. When I went in to clean his face, this is what I found. (Do you see something down by the drain?) Pops just asked us on Thursday if this has happened yet, and I told him NO! And look what happens 2 days later. Chris said "It's just chocolate". So that was the joke of the day, it's just chocolate he had hid in his diaper. He enjoyed getting into his gifts. He got some cute pj's from Gigi and Mamaw and Papaw had him a sweet card and the little hammer that makes noise. I just decided to get some things that he needed, like the biter cookies and toast, and a sippy cup and the tooth and gum cleaner. Gotta keep those little teefies healthy. He didn't ever take a good nap that morning, and so this is what we got during lunch....




He was tired! When he got up from his nap, we rode over to Mamaw and Papaws to swing and ride around in the wagon. I'm sure that he gets to swing at Dorothys, but this was our first time to see it. At first he wasn't too sure about being that high. He kept looking at the ground. But then he started enjoying it. He loves to be outside.

Then we went for a quick stroll in the wagon with Mamaw. She had this little horse that bounces, and he LOVED it. He likes to bounce anyway, so this was right up his alley.

This is my favorite picture


When we got back home, we made steaks, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. My friend Amanda and her little boy were suppose to come and stay with us, but she called me that morning and said that he was running 103 fever, that she wasn't going to make it. I learned today that he ended up running 105. Poor little thing. But we're going to catch up soon. I miss you Amanda Kaye. So this was what we were going to cook for her. It was delish.

So all in all, I had a wonderful Valentine's day. No big plans, no rush, just us! It was great. Although Noah will not remember the day (except for pictures), he's the reason our day was so beautiful. His smile, his words (da da da), his snoring, and his kisses! Which, those are the same things that I love about Chris! We had to get our Valentine's kisses.....


Oh yeah, and we tried a lot of new things over the weekend.....biter cookies


The biter toast.....

I actually got a picture of him trying to throw a fit. His new thing is to make fist, turn red and yell. We're going to have our hands full!

2 comments:

lifeasahancock said...

Wow, Ruby is white!!! She must take after Jordan!! Just kidding, but Noah does have a good tan. He is so cute!

The Perkins said...

Looks like ya'll had a great day!! Miss you!