Monday, February 9, 2009

What a beautiful day!



I took these pictures with my cell phone this morning on my way to work. It's so peaceful looking!

So we had a great weekend! Chris and his friend Nick got a poker game going at our house on Friday night. We had a great time. Somehow, Chris won it! When I went to bed Nick was chip king, and then Chris woke me up and said he won! Woop Woop! I didn't make it that far! Although I did make it to the big table. Those boys play way too seriously. And with BIG chips! Whew, I can't hang with them! But I enjoyed everyone! And Chris even cleaned up the mess that night before he came to bed. Boy am I lucky! Then on Saturday we were jusy LAZY. We went to town later that day and ran by WalMart, Lowes and the Blockbuster. I don't remember the last time we rented a movie. But before we went home, we both tackled our cravings. He wanted El
Jarrito cheese dip and chips and I wanted Chilis paradise pie. We got take outs so that we could
eat them while watching our movies. It was great! This was our paradise pie..my ice cream was melting...
So we just got around to taking some 6 month pics of Noah. It's amazing how big he's getting and growing and how much he's changed. He's all of a sudden got 2 teeth, sitting up on his own, eating 3 "meals" a day, talking all the time, grabbing everything, eating everything, copying what we do, and he does NOT miss a beat. Chris and I are so in LOVE! I love to see his sweet smiling face every morning as I go in to get him up.
And here are his little teefies...


And so now that you have seen his sweet pics and I have told you how sweet he is....he's starting to get WILD. Last night he reached back with both hands and slapped the mess out of Jay Jay when she was trying to get some sugar. She was probably bugging him, but still! And the other day he was pulling my glasses off, and pulling my hair. I popped his little hand (not hard because I would probably cry with him), and told him NO, and guess what he did? He smiled and laughed! Oh goodness!

Look at his two piggies sticking out. These pj's can either be footies or not, but his piggies did not like being held hostage.
We had a great Sunday too. We got to visit with Mamaw Frey and Gran. They drove up to check on Jay Jay and Alli. It was good to see them. Gran decided to introduce him to dove chocolate. At first he wasn't all that interested, but once it started melting and he got that taste for chocolate..WOW! He loved it! He kept licking and licking and all of a sudden a corner of the heart was gone! He wanted to chew it, not just lick it. Once I threw the rest of it away, he was following that napkin trying to eat it. He thought it was chocolate. I think it gave him a sugar high for a minute, because he got crazy after that. Oh man, I remember going over to my best friends house when I was little, and they would hide the chocolate from me because I would get crazy and talk 90 miles and hour. Uh Oh! Chris isn't a big chocolate person, so I was really excited that I will have a chocolate partner in the house. I hope he likes Reese's! That's my favorite!

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

Super cute pics!! I can't wait to see ya'll again!!

Unknown said...

The picture of you holding the paradise pie looks like a picture you would see on Martha Stewart or in Better Homes and Gardening. :)