Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well I made it!


Not without destroying my house first though. Everytime I have some type of event come up that I am helping with or making things....this is what my tables look. When we got our new table, Chris said, "well it won't hold as much of your junk!" Well I beg to differ....
(OOOh, do you see that yummy Cadbury egg in all that mess?)
But don't worry, one of them now looks much better. I can't just get one thing at a time, that would be too easy. I have to get a little bit of everything out and not put anything up until I am completely finished. I'm sorry Chris, you married a "mess freak" instead of a "neat freak" I guess. It could be worse, I'm not sure how, but I'm sure it could. This is exactly why it's so hard for me to begin on my scrapbooks. I still haven't finished (or started for that matter) my wedding scrapbook, almost 4 years now. I can do without that, but I have got to get started on Noah's!
Now for the reason for the post. Jay Jay's shower. It turned out great! Everyone pulled their weight and was there in time to get it all pretty. We had a lot of fun (or I did anyway). But Noah did NOT have a good time. He was at home with daddy before the shower, where he was suppose to have a nap before he came...didn't happen. And I think he was a little overwhelmed with all the sweet ladies there...there were lots of them. But I think that he definately had his eye on Miss Kyla. Isn't she cute?
She got a lot of great things. I just love to play with baby girl things. They have the cutest clothes. I hope to have a little girl one day, but like I told someone at the shower, I'm not thinking about another kid ANYtime soon. I have so much on my mind now with Noah and all my other "duties", it's just not do-able, nor aford-able! Noah and I will just have to spoil Alli until we can get her outside playing in the dirt. Her mommy was in no way a "girly girl", and ALWAYS in trouble. I can't wait! We had a great turnout.
Kyla modeled the tutu that I made Alli
So after the shower, I was definately worn out. And the worst part about doing these events, is unpacking. I hate to unpack anything. We just hung out around the house and got rested for the rest of the weekend. I did start working on something with Noah. He talks all the time, but he's just started changing it up a bit. I started saying "da da da" and he can repeat it. Now it has to be on his own time, he will not do if you WANT him to. I tried that for the rest of the weekend. But he did say "da da" a few good times. I know that's not what he means, but it makes Chris and I feel all good and tingly inside. I have a good post that I will try to get up tonight.
Oh oh, and for those of you who have heard me talk about this darn game that Chris has been playing for a month or so now, you should be just as relieved as I was when Chris said the wonderful words.. "Baby, I finished the game!" Halalujah (sp?) I was asleep when he told me, but I was jumping for joy on the inside, just too tired to move!
Have a good night!

No comments: