Monday, January 12, 2009

Call Me.....

~POKER QUEEN~

I'm sorry Chris...next time I will let you win!
Let me tell you about our "Thomas Poker Night!" So we decided to get together and play last night since everyone could be there (Me, Chris, Mamaw, Papaw, Karen, Bob, and Chelsea). SO let me give you a little insight to some of these players.
  • Mamaw: if she goes IN, you better get OUT! She has something good!
  • Papaw: If he's throwing in big money, he's bluffing!
  • Bob: Normally gets down to nothing, comes back and then wipes everyone out!
  • Chris: he don't play unless he's got a good hand (stingy) and sore loser!
  • Karen: oh man, she's always going to beat you on the RIVER!
  • Chelsea: she plays nice and quietly like me, but she's really good!
  • Me: I don't have a clue what is going on...I confuse myself with the money (it takes me 10 minutes to get my blinds), I will think I am winning with a pair of aces and someone else will have a full house (what IS a full house), and I don't ever assume that I've won (again, I don't have a clue), I just wait and hope that someone pushes all the money my way!
So the game started and of course it can't start without all the smack from my husband. It's in HIS bag before it even starts...yeah right! Well last night, he was the first one out. He went all in with about 675, Bob matched it, Karen rubbed a little "wicka"(aka..good luck) on the last card and he beat him on the River. BUT..not before Karen beat him 4 times on the river. Woo, poor Chris took a beating last night. So as soon as he went out, my luck started to change and my coins starting growing. Well then Bob beat Chelsea and Papaw. So it was 3 women and Bob left....and all that matters after that was that I won!! :) I could wait to get home and tell Chris. And you know he didn't believe me, he named off everyone before he even began to think that I won. So I've decided to retire early from Poker so that I can always have that game title "I BEAT CHRIS"! But we had a great time playing. And Bob, you better not forget that pizza for Wed. night poker!

On another note...we attended Jay Jay's first baby shower in Monroe on Saturday. Our cousin Dena threw it at her house. She always has the craziest, most fun games to play. Little Alli got lots of sweet outfits and goodies. She is going to be so spoiled and prissy! For a while anyway until Noah gets a hold of her, then she will be playing in the dirt and kissing frogs! Here are a few pics from the shower.
Game #1: We were on teams of two, one person was mommy and one was baby. Mommy had to feed the baby and the team that ate the most won! Me and Mom stunk this one up...she wasn't eating quick enough!


Game #2: Diaper changing relay! Quickest wins! We don't have pics, but my team one!
Gifts


I will have to finish adding the rest of the pics later, but I definately wanted to leave you with these!


No comments: