Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tomorrow's The Day....

I have to go back to work and Noah goes back to Dorothys. He will be extremely thrilled, but mommy will still be wishing that she was still in bed, or in her jammies all day. Two weeks just wasn't enough :)! I really felt like I was running the whole time though. And Christmas literally just slid ride by. All we did was blink and it was gone. Maybe next year we will be a little more prepared.
On another note.....we have 2 teeth coming in. I can not believe it. I feel like he's all grown up now. Yesterday, Gigi, Pops, and Jay Jay came out to visit, and just when they were leaving, Jay Jay, (which is notorious for sticking her hands in my childs mouth without washing first) said "Jana, there's teeth in there!" First I got on to her for sticking her fingers in there, and of course she said that she "just washed them"....yeah right! So I cleaned my hands and checked it out...and yep. There were two little teefies trying to come on out. They kinda look clear right now, but they are there. Which is exactly why he tries to eat everything in sight. Tonight in the tub, he was chomping down on the bath fishies. And they feel pretty sharp. It's just so hard to believe...! That also explains for him being so fussy lately and clingy. Tonight he was whining even after he had his dinner and bottle. Normally his is chilling by this point but not tonight. all three of us were sitting on the couch...it was Chris, me in the middle and then Noah. We had just sat down with our grilled cheese and he got mad. So I handed Chris my plate so that I could get him comfortable and Noah leaned in to me, like he wanted me to hold him. That's a first. So i picked him up thinking that he would perk up and I could put him back down, but just as soon as I picked him up, he laid that head on my chest, got snuggled and went to sawing logs. Chris said "Wow, that's got to make you feel good, I bet your heart just grew 3 times". And It really did feel great. I really felt like "mommy" for the first time I think. I can't wait to take that first picture with those 2 front teeth. Thanks Jay Jay for discovering our newest milestone. I made sure that I put it in his baby book as soon as I got a chance. And I am trying to get a pic of them right now, but he wants to keep them a secret...sorry!
Another funny...when I will get him up after his nap, he will sit in my lap and act like he's going to go back to sleep. I can say, "night night, go back to sleep" and he will slowly pick his head up and peek his eyes around at me until I say "Oh, he's not asleep, he's wide awake" and he will laugh and do it all over again! We play that game for about 10 minutes! It's so cute.
OH...did I mention that I do NOT want to go back to work? Just checking. Have a great week!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Hey Jana-
Glad you liked the ornaments. I truly had envisioned them a little nicer...but oh well! Glad y'all had a good break...now just think of MLK day!
Suzanne