Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Noah's New School

Although it will only be for about 7.5 months, we are making a big change. This Friday will be our last day at Dorthy's Daycare....we will start Little Red Apple on Monday. I never thought we'd leave Dorthy's until we started Pre-K, but within the last year I've done a complete 360 on that thought. I think that there are some kids that don't need the preparation for big school and there are those that do......and Noah is in that category.

There's so many emotions flying right now. I know that he will love it, and have a class full of friends his age. They will be working on language development, pre-reading and writing readiness, math concepts, social skills and more (which of course mom and dad are more excited about). I just don't want him to be mad at me. I know that's stupid, but we've been at Dorthy's for 3.5 years and that's all he knows. I know at first it will be a lot to get use to, but I think he's gonna like it. He's gonna miss his pals Owen, Joe Christian, Madalyn and of course Natalie. Right now he's excited...he keeps talking about going to his new school with Alli and Bubba and the playground! He started talking about going to school this past summer. He kept saying he needed to go to school like JT and do homework. So I hope that he stays excited. Chris and I honestly feel like we've made the right decision my making this change...you just can't help but worry...or at least I can't. I'm such a ~worry wart!~

We've been so blessed to have Dorthy take such great care of our little man. There was never a doubt how much they loved each other and how much she cared. This Friday will be hard....but we will back in about 4.5 months with baby Porter!!


Well there's been no changes to my schooling-like being DONE...unfortunately! I was excited that last night in class, she took the experiments off the syllabus! Thank goodness! One less thing to worry about. Don't you hate when you work your butt off for a due date and when you get to that class, they say "They were due tonight, BUT if you need to turn them in next week, that will be fine!!" Oh that drives me nuts...the good thing is...it's done...there ain't NO WAY I'm taking that mess back home to work on it more! Can't remember if I mentioned lately which class this is, but it's Social Studies/Science methods...my worst subjects! So I am honestly hoping to come out of this class excited about those subjects and good ideas for teaching them. I did my social studies lesson plan on community helpers which was fun!

Since baby Porter will be making his arrival the first of April, I'm gonna sit out Spring quarter. Although I hate to have to do a re-admit form just for one quarter, but we do what we gotta do. This summer I will take my last class, and from there the only thing left will be student teaching. One day! I won't be able to quit my paying, day job, so unless I can find a job teaching and go the intern route...I'll be sitting out again. But if that's all that I have left, I can handle that. I know God will put things in place when it's time. For now, I'm thankful to have a job. But I can't wait to be finished.

We got out of class by 8:00 last night. When I got home, Noah was already in bed...but not asleep! So there's no way I could turn down those sweet hugs and kisses. And boy have they gotten sweet. It's normally like pulling teeth to get a hug, but he's been giving them out for free lately!! For some reason he decided that he didn't want to go back to his bed..he wanted to sleep in his tent. Did I really think he'd sit still long enough to pass out in it...in the living room...I don't think so!! But, I let him try it out. And sure enough, after about 20 minutes of trying to get comfortable and making sure he had every stuffed animal and pillow he could possibly fit in there with him, he did in fact pass out!!
Remember how fun it was to make pallets and tents and sleep in them. I would have to see if chiropractor the next day if I was to try it now...but boy the fun!! And honestly I was gonna let him sleep there. Mainly because I knew he'd be up in a few hours headed toward my room anyway. But when we got down and looked hard, we realized he was sleeping on bare floor practically. I'm gonna have to teach him to make a good, fluffy pallet. It looks like the fluff never made it far enough into the tent to help. When we went to check on him...the flap was down and his empty milk cup was sitting out next to it...like room service!! How thoughtful...because I would've forgotten about it and if we did ever find it..it would have to be tossed. So thank you little No!

Getting a bit freaked out...I hit 29 weeks today!! Although I know it's hard and most people do NOT want to go the whole 40 weeks, but I need all of them!! So I've gotta make the most of the next 11 weeks!! Chris will start on the entertainment center this weekend. I think we're gonna go with this antique white color....
http://www.kitchen-design-ideas.org/pictures-of-kitchens-traditional-antique-white.html#
I'd like to eventually redo my kitchen cabinets the same color. But for now, we at least know we're gonna paint, and not worry about staining! So let the fun begin!

I have my 30 week appointment next week and then we'll begin the bi-weekly visits. To me, that's when it all becomes REAL , and I realize he's almost here. But we can't wait! Life's too short to sit around worrying and planing everything out. Some times you just have to go with the flow, which is exactly what we've been doing the last 7 months...haven't had time to stop!!!

Happy Hump Day!!


1 comment:

Hannah Lee said...

Sounds like you have a good plan, sweet girl! We had our boys in a daycare with lots of structure and a curriculum and it was amazing how much they loved it and how much they learned! Sounds like a good change. Glad you're taking some time off!