Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Good Week

So far, we've had a great "transition" week at our new school. I was so worried all weekend about how he was gonna react to the new place and what I was gonna do if he cried on me. Thank goodness he did pretty good. We talked all weekend and morning about how excited we were to be going to a new, big school with Alli and Bubba and how he was gonna get to learn his ABC's and 123's! I made sure we stayed PUMPED!! I also made sure that we got there the same time Jamie did with the kids so that they could all go in together. They all ran in and when he got in the door good he said "hey, what is this?" We walked on back to sign in and the clingy-ness began. I've never had so many tight hugs before!! He got really shy and quiet. We walked around while Alli and Bubba ate their breakfast, and then Alli REALLY helped me out. She came in the room with us and played with him. We got out the blocks and a few minutes later, the other Noah came over to play too. I got up to try to ease out and he caught me a few times...but when he really got to playing I told him I'd be right back, I need to go pay....but by the time I got to the front, I knew there was no way I could go back....for him or for me!

I called right before lunch and Mrs. Tina said that he was doing really good. He did circle time, and was at his table doing his work (he told me later he colored a blue bus), and that they were watching a little video right before lunch. So I felt a lot better. No joke, I think that was the longest day of my life!! 5:00 could not get here fast enough. So when I got there to pick him up, I wasn't sure what to expect from him. And guess what he did....went to squalling! Someone told me that it was just his way of realizing he missed me. But a hug and a few tears later, he was fine and running out the door with the Hancock 2. They said he had a good day. He drank out of a big boy cup, AND made it through nap time with no accident, but was having so much fun on the playground, that he did have an accident. But hey...so far it's the only one all week. (I better knock on so wood now) So when I got him in the car the first thing he said was (while being extremely serious at first) "Mommy, you lost me today!!" I couldn't help but laugh...he was trying to say that I left him. So I had to explain that I had to go to work and I needed him to stay at school to learn and play with all of his friends. And he kept acting extremely, hyperly excited, so I asked what he was excited about, and he said "you!" So although he missed his mommy and she "lost" him that morning...he still had a great day. We talked about it all the way home and he was all smiles. He even told me that he wanted to bring Mrs. Dorthy to his school with him. So we made sure to tell her about that when we called to let her know how his day went. She had thought about him all day!

I was a little nervous about day 2. It was either gonna go good or a total melt down since he knew what to expect. But I was so proud! He did good. He was still a little clingy and shy, but he knew that Chris was gonna be picking him up since I would be in class. And we talked all morning about how excited daddy was to see his new school. So he did manage to whip up 1 tear, but he was fine. He gave me kiss and went back to playing with Alli. He told me that him and Alli were going to learn their numbers again. I also learned that morning that he was Miss Laquanna's helper on Monday. He got to add the date to the calender (which were the numbers he was talking about) and got to hold the flag. He told her he wanted to be the helper again. And no accidents!!

Yesterday when I dropped him off, he went straight to eat his breakfast (a first) and was telling Alli "It's ok, it's gonna be ok", because she was crying this morning. My sweet little man, trying to make her feel better since she's been helping him all week.

Update....I knew this was gonna happen...I didn't knock soon enough. He had an accident yesterday. They said he was on his way to the potty and just didn't make it. It's the durn jeans I think. Both days with accidents, he's worn his jeans. We may have to veto those at daycare for a while!

I enjoy picking him up in the afternoons and getting to chat all the way home. This was one of our quick convos yesterday...
Me: Noah, do you LOVE your new school?
Noah: ummmmm NO!
Me: WHAT??
Noah: (while laughing) YES, YES I DO!!
I love when I drop him off in the mornings and to get his mind on something other than me leaving, I ask if he's gonna go play...and he's been saying "Me and Alli are gonna go learn my numbers again." He told me yesterday he learned his numbers 1, 2, and 3. And last night when we were telling daddy about it, Chris' response was "3, he already knew those numbers!" So then I had to explain to my other child that Noah was not the only kid in his class and they weren't gonna change the curriculum and start with number 13 just for him! :)

But so far, I've been so proud and excited for him. He's done great!

Baby Porter on the other hand has had mommy worn out all week. We had an appointment Thursday morning and everything seemed to be going good, and heard his little heartbeat. We will start going every 2 weeks now and the next appt. we will actually go for a quick ultrasound before. Because Noah was such a big baby (9 lbs., 8 oz.), she said we'd probably do another ultrasound around week 37 so that we have a better idea of Porter's size.

We've been having a little braxton hicks going on lately. I remember doing the same thing with Noah. Every little move he makes it seems like my whole stomach just goes tight and heavy!! Tuesday I had a strange lower back pain come from no where. She said that it may have been a muscle spasm. It went away with the help of Tylenol thank goodness. And then that night came back with indigestion/gas and the whole works. I was miserable and honestly got nervous worrying that it was real contractions and I just couldn't remember what the real ones felt like!! Just glad I made it through that night, thanks to my Tylenol, tums and hot bath.

Porter's cute owl quilt came in. I can't wait to get started on his room.
Which leads up to our project we have going on right now....the entertainment center. Once we get it finished, it will store a lot of what we have in the extra room right now. Once the center is finished it will be about 12 ft. wide and about the middle piece will be 9 inches from my ceiling!! Good thing this poor wall needed something.

Now moving on the the little details so hopefully the painting can begin soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Noah gets to stay with Alli and Bubba tonight, so it will be quiet around my house. And tomorrow is a big poker night for all the guys so Noah and I will probably get to hang out watching Scooby Doo (over and over) and working on homework and the rest of Whitney's wedding pics. I am making it a goal to be finished by Sunday!! You can find a few sneak peeks here.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.336491636372333.76741.115370658484433&type=1

No comments: