Monday, November 24, 2008

~We did it~

It's Christmas in Dubach!....or pretty close anyway. We decided that we would wait until Thanksgiving Eve to get out our Christmas decor and tree, so that when Thanksgiving got here, we would still have something special to do. It could be our tradition. Chris decided to go ahead and put the lights on the house this weekend and of course, It was killing me to turn them on. For some reason I woke up Sunday morning feeling full of holiday spirit! And so we decided to go ahead and get some things out and put up our tree, but we will wait to decorate it on Wednesday! It's amazing how Christmas and life takes on a whole new meaning when you have a baby! It's amazing. We can't wait to start our own traditions as well as keeping all the old ones. Here's the pic of our house as we pulled up last night.
And Noah checking out our tree for the first time....
4 Month Shots.....He was a big boy getting his shots. He screamed to the top of his lungs, but was better and smiling quickly after. He was pretty fussy for the rest of the day. He wasn't feeling good. And I think his poor little legs were really sore.


And the Martins were there again. So we had someone to talk to and hang out with while we waited. Here's cooper trying out Noah's car seat...I think he's just a little too big. But it would keep him occupied for a few minutes anyway, so we encouraged him to climb in and out, and then Emily would rock him and try to get him to sleep....but of course it never happened. Look at those bright blue eyes.

Daddy's Poker Night with the BOYS......lasted a long time. Saturday afternoon a bunch of guys got together at a friends house to play poker and catch up. For some reason I thought that it wouldn't last long or until 10:45 or later, but boy was I wrong. It wouldn't have been so bad if we had not dropped him off, but since Noah and I were going that way anyway, we offered. Noah and I had fallen alseep on the couch when I finally got the phonecall at 10:45...."I'm ready"! Oh man! I guess I just didn't realize how tired I was. On the other hand, Noah ate his whole bowl of rice and peaches that night. He made a "happy plate" as my parents use to call it! I think that he's finally getting the hang of it and the taste for it. Those first few days didn't go as well as I'd hoped. The first 2 feeding went great, and after that he said NO WAY! But we're getting back on track now! Thank goodness. And making plenty of messes. I've learned to just let him get nasty and take care of it later. It's much easier and also a little fun. Look at that face.
Sunday morning visit.....by Jay Jay. She decided to come out and see us (NOAH).


Off to Dorothys...in his PJ's. Mommy was running a little late, so he sported his cute little star pj's on Monday. Hey, maybe we'll start a trend to wear your pj's as your day clothes...I could so do that!

2008 Christmas bear.....We picked up Noahs first Christmas bear. Every year as kids we would pick out a new stuffed animal for Christmas and it would have the year on it, or we would put it on it. What a fun tradition to start with him.
Introducing......Aunt Jemima! This reminds me of Mamies Cupboard (sp?) in Natchez. And he also looks like the Chakita Banana lady! We laughed so hard at him. How funny!
Have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving if I do not post again before... (very unlikely right?)

2 comments:

Tinker said...

Jana, Please print this pic- it looks like one that will go in the year book when he is a senior! I loved keeping him on Friday while his crazy parents went out on the shopping adventure of the year! Jordan had a great time with yall, not sure she will go back next year but she had fun. Noah and I bonded.... I never knew life as GIGI could be so good. Soon it will be twice as nice........

lifeasahancock said...

I love all the pictures you take. Will you move in with me when I have my little bundle of joy so you can take just as many pictures? Please, Chris can come too!