Thursday, September 11, 2008

~Poker Night~

Once or twice a week, Chris and his family get together to play a round of poker. I love when he comes home and tells all the funny stories. I normally don't hear them until the next day though because I am asleep when he gets home. They always have a good time. He said that he won last night. He should always be the winner as much as the "World Poker Tour and World Series of Poker" is on my TV. The bad thing is that I have come to enjoy watching it every now and then.

So last night when he went to play, Noah and I decided to read a book that Jay Jay and Uncle Lance gave him. Besides the fact that he was starting to get antsy and hungry, I think he enjoyed it! One day he's going to read like his Boo Boo (aka aunt Jordan). Boo can go through a book in one night. She'll go take a bath and sit in there for hours. That would make Pops extremely proud!


Mommy went back natural

And these are just a few pictures from Freshmen Convocation that I helped work Tuesday night. Russ Nolan was the guest speaker this year and he spoke about "The Tenets of Tech"......

  • Confidence
  • Excellence
  • Commitment
  • Knowledge
  • Integrity
  • Respect
  • Leadership
  • Loyalty
  • Enthusiasm
  • Caring
  • Hope
  • Pride

The Division of Student Affairs at Louisiana Tech University has developed these twelve guiding principles, or tenets, that exemplify the qualities that Tech students should possess upon graduating from this institution. The students are given a medallion to deposit into the lady of the mist just as they are depositing into their future here at Tech. When the students graduate, they will be given a medallion with their graduating year on it. I think this is a wonderful tradition added to Tech. Here are a few fun pics that I took, but if you'd like to see more, check out Tom Sotos website (thsoto.zenfolio.com) or you can click his link to the right.


No comments: