Friday, September 5, 2008

~Our First Day ~

Because of Gustav, I got 2 more wonderful days at home with my little man! It wasn’t hard leaving him at daycare, but it was definitely hard getting there for some reason. I was so tired the night before and that morning! I said that I was going to get up at 5:00 and when I put him back to bed at 3:30, I decided that I was going to let him decide when we got up since I was so pooped. I mean, I slept on the couch and put him in the swing at 3:30 because he acted like he was wide awake when I laid him down…I was that tired! So we woke up at 6:00, I fed him, put him back in the swing, washed my hair, dried it, put make up on, got clothes on, pumped, made sure I had everything in his bag, got his bottles made, packed up all of my pump stuff, put him in his car seat, loaded everything up (including his huge box of diapers and wipes) and still didn’t leave the house until about 8:00! Wow…..I will have to start getting up at 5:00 in the morning! As soon as we got there he smiled at Mrs. Dorothy, and I knew everything was going to be OK!! I didn’t think I was ever going to get to work though. I didn’t get there until about 9:00 after talking to Mrs. Dorthy and then trying to get a parking spot. Campus was a mad house. On the other hand, the day flew by thank goodness. I didn't really have time to be upset! I was busy! So when I dropped him off, I was did good. I missed him, but I knew he was in good hands. When I dropped him off, and he smiled at her, Dorothy was in love! I called about 1:00 to check on him. She said “Oh Jana, he is so precious, he is wonderful, but I have never seen a baby his age (6 weeks :()put down a bottle the way he does (6 oz), he didn’t want me to pull the bottle out of his mouth, but he burped a big burp. And he is doing wonderful, he had a good nap this morning and we just finished his second bottle and he had a blow out and we got him changed and he likes for me to talk to him, so since everyone else is napping we are sitting on the couch talking”

I have to say….I think he’s gonna be spoiled! She’s sweet and I think that he likes her…but he better know that I am his MOMMY, and I birthed his 10lb butt and he better act that good for me and daddy!
So as the day went by, I thought everything was going to be ok.....UNTIL 5:00! I was so excited it was time to go get my man, and I noticed that I didn't have my rings on! Yes including my wedding ring! So I rushed back to the office from the other side of campus and ran in to look.....NO RINGS ANYWHERE!! I'd gone to the bathroom that afternoon around 3:30 to clean off the pump, and I'd taken my rings off so that I wouldn't have water under them (yes I know I am weird, but it bugs me!). I walked right out and left them! I can't believe it...I'm SICK to my stomach!! Sore subject, can't talk about it anymore!
And then to make matters even worse-er, Noah had scratched his face again we decided to try and cut his nails. GO AHEAD...give me the worst-mommy-in-the-world award! I cut his poor little pinky finger and he and daddy made me feel horrible for it! Chris even said that he was going to call the child protection agency and let them know it was an accident so they won't come and get me!! I was doing it while Chris was feeding him his bottle, so he was highly ticked that we were interrupting and that he was bleeding on his bib! Mommy's so sorry!!
OH, what a day! I just had to go on to bed early and leave the feeding to Chris so that nothing else could possibly happen! Needless to say, today was better and I was only 15 minutes late. I can't wait to pick him up today and play with him for the weekend. I hope next week goes much better! I have lots of picks to put up, just haven't had a chance. I will get them up this weekend! Have a good one!

No comments: