Monday, June 20, 2011

24 Day Challenge: Day 1 (so far)


Yes, I gave in and asked for help...kinda! I had to do something and I plan on this being my (our) kick start. I drug Chris into it without asking and because he's an awesome husband, daddy and trooper, he agreed to do it with me. Instead of starting it in the middle of the week when we got last week, we decided to wait until today. So yesterday after our great Father's Day visits, and trip to Monroe, we hit up the grocery store for some veggies, fruit and protein! It's on now!! We stayed up and got everything ready for the next day. I was told by Chris that if it wasn't gonna be ready for him to just eat, then he would never be able to do. Needless to say, bedtime didn't roll around until about 12:30ish!! We had too much to do last night.

We set our alarms to get up together so that we could drink our spark energy drink and mix up our fiber drinks! Well the energy drink was pretty good! Nothing like the fiber! Chris took his with him to drink on the way to work. It's a good thing I didn't plan on doing the same. I first tasted it, and gagged. It was THICK!! Then I tried it again, and got a tiny bit down. Then I thought I'd outsmart that nasty stuff and mix it with a little Sprite Zero (sorry Nicole, telling on myself). The first big gulp went down fine, and I psyched myself up to think that I could do the rest........NOPE, didn't happen! I swear I think it was growing! It was still thick! After gagging about 3 more times trying to get the rest down, I gave up! For the day anyway! I will be buying nose plugs and spraying my throat with sore throat spray to numb it for tomorrow!! Just kidding, but I might!! After the FIBER issue....everything's been great. I really do like the spark drink. I didn't feel at all tired once I drank it and got going! I've been having a hard time getting up and going! When I got to work I snacked on grapes, strawberries and pineapple, and boy was it yummy!! We don't buy fruit that often, so it seemed like a treat! For lunch I had a can of tuna, salad (only lettuce and tomato-so not a veggie person) and a big water. I like that it's nothing crazy that I have to eat. It's just like any healthy meal, just not as much as we'd normally eat. So far so good! About 3:30 I'm gonna have my other spark drink, and snack on some fruit and nuts.

Oh and did I mention that Chris drank every bit of his fiber drink...ugh, I just got chills thinking about it. But that's why I needed him to do this with me...1. keep me accountable and 2. to beat him!! It's so much easier when someones doing it with you. If you're interested in more information, you can find Nicole on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=507390076

I'll let you know how the rest of the night went when I post tomorrow. Ooh and I will also have some sweet pictures from Father's Day and of my other babies, Alli and John Walker. They're getting so big.....no let me take that back, John Walker's getting big, Alli's been the same size now since her 1st birthday. Sweet little thangs!! That Alli P loves her Nanny! And you know I'm eating that up!!

Have a good rest of your Monday!!

No comments: