Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a weekend!

Friday Night: It was time to really prepare for our garage sale. We made a run out to my house to get all of my goodies and then headed back to Jays. I stayed the night there so that I wouldn't have to get up and drive! When we got back, it started raining, so we decided we'd take a rest and enjoy a little El Jarrito! After that, is when all the mess began. Jay and I had to take another trip out to my house, then we stopped by their storage building to get it cleaned out for the sale. Oh man, you should've seen us. If our husbands would have seen how we had the truck loaded, we would be in big trouble. Jaya's motto was..."If it falls out, it falls out!" I told her that I was NOT driving, so I followed behind in her ride. We didn't get past the 1st speed bump and it all went to rocking and almost fell out. So we decided to do a little more adjusting. You know how us women pack and adjust...we just throw it in! So then, once we got homewe started unloading and tagging and rearranging under the garage. We assumed it would be raining. So then around 12:30 or so, we realize that we do not have any stakes to hang up our signs with. We head to Walmart for stakes and staples and of course they do not have the staples that we need. so after 30 minutes of getting the wrong staples stuck in Jays staple gun, we just decided to go with tacs. So about 1:30 we start putting up the signs, and the first stop was on Kentucky and 167. I had to drop her off and turn around, and I could not help but laugh at the fact that she was all by herself in the bright green shirt and crocs, hammering the stake into the ground with a staple gun! Once I got turned around, we parked on the side so that we could get the others ready. That's when the RPD stopped to make sure we were ok, and not doing anything that we weren't suppose to be doing.
But this was my favorite part...we were going to put one up right before her neighborhood. When she first started to get out, we thought we heard this long scary whistle.
Well you know, I couldn't leave it at that...I had to egg it on! "What was that Jay?"
"OMG...JAY GET IN THE CAR NOW!" and I started acting like I was going to leave her. I've never seen Jay run so fast, jump in a moving car and shut the door that fast. And yes, she slammed the sign in the door!
What a night!
Satuday-Bright and Early: Our first customer was waiting on us to wake up! 5:00am! And while we were outside working hard...wink wink....
They were snoozing!!
Then the Martins stopped by for a quick visit. Cooper enjoyed the bumbo.
Miss Emily Cooper with his "skirt"
We also went to Miranda's 9th birthday party at the Natatorium, and Noah got to swim for the first time, but those pics are on the good camera. I will load them up soon.
Sunday: We all slept late. Noah didn't get up and out of bed until 10:30! Yay! It was great!My baby was tired from swimming. We just decided to do nothing and run to Mamaw and Papaws. I love these pics of him trying to drink out of the glass. Look at that lip.

And we got to go outside and swing. He loves to swing. He got mad and cried everytime we had to get him out.

I found him in his mobile literally!

This is the skirt and shirt I made Miranda.

And this is the onsie I tested out for Alli cat.
And here are there "RO" outfits that I redid. They look much better.
Have a good day. 3 more days and we are headed to the beach!

1 comment:

lifeasahancock said...

I cannot believe you would put me out like that!