Friday, January 25, 2008

What A Morning!

Well, as everyone knows, this morning was very icey and nasty. On my way to work I noticed that ther was already a wreck on the overpass, and there was no traffic moving. They were adding sand/salt to the road. I hate to have this weather. Most of us Louisiana people don't have a lot of experience driving in this condition. So I head through town trying to get to work safely (and on time). I am sitting at the red light on Alabama waiting to turn left when someone hits me from behind! GREAT!! What a way to start a morning! Thankfully, we were all ok. It was a young girl that hit me and she had a few other girls in there with her. It really just scared the mess out of me. There was a trooper off duty that saw it happen. The girls were trying to get to school and it was pretty much 8:00, and I think she may have just been going too fast and she said that her brakes locked up on her. My airbags didn't pop out, so I didn't consider it a hard hit. Just scarey and unexpected. I am just thankful that it wasn't worse. So, now we have to wait until the police report will be ready....Monday! So until then I have a bum car. It's driveable, and it doesn't look like there's much damage, it just sounds like crap. I had to move it and I thought the whole car was going to fall apart like a cartoon. Of course it wasn't that bad, but hey! I have a pic for you. The bumper is all scratched up and cracked. The spare tire underneath is about to fall off and the pipe thingy is hanging down. That's all that we know is wrong as of right now.


No comments: