Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our First Fireplace

When Chris and I were in town yesterday, we decided to stop by Lowe's. I love going there. When we walked in, we noticed that all of their fireplace mantel, inserts, logs and more were 50% off. Chris has been bugging me for a long time about putting in a ventless gas fireplace, so this seemed like his perfect opportunity to persuade me. So we left with the mantel, and insert, all we have to get is a log set for the inside. They didn't have anymore of them. Although, I'm not quite sure where we will put it, I'm actually quite excited about it. It should heat up to 1,100 sq. feet. Hopefully this way, the electricity bill will not be quite as high. And...we will be able to hang stockings on the mantel....that makes me even more excited. Chris is already trying to decide what he will tell his kids when they ask how Santa came in through the fireplace, when we have no chimney! You should've heard his ideas. I'm going to have to let him figure that one out!



mantel finished

now, where to put it

No comments: