Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

 It's amazing how quickly Chris and I have gotten to this point in our lives. One day I'm marrying my best friend, then I'm in the hospital having a 10lb baby, and in a blink of an eye, he's going to Pre-K. We are so very proud of Noah. He's really grown in the last year and turned into a little man.

I was a little nervous about our first day, but he's never been a big "clinger!" He adjusted to Little Red Apple in a week, but he also had Alli and Bubba to help make him feel comfortable. But we'd been talking about big school and the big playground, so when the time came, he was SUPER EXCITED!! On our way there, I told him we were almost at school and you should've seen the excitement in his little face!! As we were parking he noticed his little buddy from LRAP Matthew...or Mashew as Noah calls him. As we walked down the hall to his classroom, I had to explain that his two little buddies wouldn't be in his class, but that maybe they could play on the playground. He couldn't quite get it. When we walked in, I showed him where his cubby was, the bathroom, and we walked around the room together. He got shy on me, but finally warmed up. But not before we had to walk to the other hall to look for Matthew. We looked in every room until we found him. And I have to say, it was sweet seeing them together at school. Matthew turned around and said "Hey Noah T.!" So they chatted a few minutes and looked around his class, and then they hugged and bye!! Well, after that, I had to do a little convincing. He wasn't so sure about school without "Mashew"! Once we got back to his class, walked to the window and he got to see the big playground, he was fine!! He started playing with the puzzles, and then noticed someone he recognized. When we first started LRAP, he became Noah T., because there was another Noah already there, but he left soon after. And now Noah is back in our class. He said "Look mommy, I'm Noah T., and that's Noah!" So at least when I left he knew someone. I asked him if he was ready for me to go and he said "Yes, bye mommy!" Simple but sweet! I have a hard time with crying, it would've broke my heart! So I walked out and watched from the window, since they couldn't see through it. I didn't stay because I was worried, I stayed to watch his sweet face and smile as he started his first day of school, as he sat with so much excitement at the teeny tiny table coloring with Noah and showing his work off to Miss Markia, but most importantly...really thinking about how blessed and thankful I am to have such a happy, silly, and smart little boy who's growing up faster than I can keep up with. And yes...I cried that morning....TWICE!









 We made it to his classroom. His teachers are Miss Markia Daigs, and Miss Candi Perkins.



And here's Noah T. and Noah
  
Noah T. and "Mashew"-Best Buds
 
 "Bye Mommy"

I was so excited to pick him up! When he got in he looked at me and said "that was fun mommy!" Oh thank goodness, he loves it!! He told me he ate pizza, corn and jelly (jello) for lunch with purple milk. Silly boy!! 






 
 I LOVE going through his folder everyday. You never know what you'll find! This is what he brought home yesterday.


So all in all, he's done great and LOVES it. When we were in car line this morning, we were talking about being sweet, and listening, and he said "and, we need to get a green smiley face." So far (and it's still very early) he's been on green!! This whole post makes my heart SO HAPPY!!

And my baby is 5 months old today!! ALREADY!! 





No comments: