Wednesday, July 16, 2008

~Last Dr. Appointment~

We made it to the middle of our 39th week and had our last and final Dr. appointment today. I have to say there are a lot of different emotions I am feeling right now! For one, I am extremely happy that I do not have to sit and wait hours for my Dr. to feel me up, and listen to crazy people on their phones while waiting. Chris could've choked a lady today! And two, I am extremely nervous! The next time I see my Dr., I will be pushing! I really can not believe how quick and wonderful this pregnancy has been! It's that time.
Today I was finally called back and while I was getting weighed and my blood pressure checked, Dawn (my doc) was walking by and said that we'd be waiting for a little bit, she had to run over for an emergency C-section. And because she'd already been out that day with a regular delivery, there were 14 others ahead of me waiting. This was about 4:45. We'd already been there since 3:00, but if at all possible, I wanted to stick around and wait. I didn't want to have to come back again before Sunday. So, we waited. The sweet nurse went ahead and took us back into a room and got his heartbeat. We then waited to see either Dawn or the nurse practicioner. We are always acting silly! Today, Chris was the patient.....

When the nurse practicioner finally came in there, she measured us first. We are measuring 40 weeks, and she said that this is where they can range from 6-10 lbs, but she thought that he would probably be about 7-8 lbs. Chris thinks that he will be 10 lbs. He better hope not! She then checked me and we learned that I am dialated more than 1 cm, but less than 2. She also said that I was 70% effaced. So we are still hanging in there. I think he's gotten way to comfortable and does not want to come out. His heartbeat was in the 140's and everything was good. So we are still on for inducing Monday...we can't wait!

No comments: